Friday, February 3, 2012

Smoky Cumin Kale Chips


Soft and chewy or crisp and crunchy? Sweet and juicy or salty and savory? We all have our vices, right? I’ve never been much of a chip eater myself. I typically lean towards sweets or fruity flavors. However, the other day as I made my way through my neighborhood food coop I couldn’t take my mind off of a healthy, crunchy snack. Yes, I could have chosen carrot sticks or celery but that is so basic and normal. I wanted something a little less ordinary - kale chips!


Kale chips are so easy to make and are absolutely delicious and nutritious! Find the amazing benefits of Kale here. By adding different spices you can completely change the flavor of your “chips.” I really enjoy a smoky flavor so I chose cumin. You could also choose chili powder, curry powder, garam masala, or a drizzle of vinegar and sea salt. Pick your flavor and go for it!

Ingredients:

1 bunch of kale (I used Red Russian kale)
1 tablespoon of EVOO
Sea salt
Spice/flavor of you choice

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the kale leaves from the thick spine and rinse and dry them thoroughly. A salad spinner works great if you have one! 

Add the leaves to a large bowl, drizzle with EVOO, and use your hands to make sure each leaf is coated. Transfer them to two large baking sheets and sprinkle with sea salt and cumin (or spice of liking). Place both pans in the oven and bake the chips for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges turn light brown and start to curl. Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site Green cumin

    ReplyDelete